Using Ring Back Tones to Enhance Brand Image

ringbackBrand-tailored songs that landline or cellular phone callers usually hear while waiting for the other line to answer could be a very big trend soon! Ring back tone service became more in demand recently due to its customization feature and other benefits.

Such value-added service provides fair tolerance for some phone users, especially for those who have busy lives, and cannot stand a long delay of getting answered by the one being called. Ring back tone is an audible indication which assured the calling party that the other line is ringing and it was now made sweeter with soothing or offbeat sounds in the background.

Benefits for mobile subscribers:

1. It brands your personality. You can choose or create ring back tones that fit best of who you are or become the impression of you.
2. A tool for self-expression. Not just you can have self-recorded tune, you can also use wholesome jokes or gag songs as ring back tone.

Now, the purpose of phone holding music is not just to entertain but also to inform.

Some experts would say that ring back tones service could generate billions of dollars revenue for mobile firms in the future. This is because mobile networks are now using it for advertisements or other campaigns and advocacies.

An article from a research firm, Multimedia Intelligence, said they are expecting ring back tones to generate $4.7 billion in revenue for mobile companies in 2012.

This may sounds competitive and a good development for the service and believed to encourage more customers to patronize it.  Say bye bye to typical and boring ring back tone.

20 comments for “Using Ring Back Tones to Enhance Brand Image

1. Anonymous
    September 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm

before, i used to have a ring back tone in my cellphone but when i changed to another mobile network, i already forgot about it hehe

2. September 19, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I would love to have my own ringback but my phone is so low tech haha

3. Trisha Sy
    October 13, 2011 at 7:04 am

I totally agree with this article! I love hearing ring back tones and you are right, they are the reflection of one’s personality.

4. October 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm

There are some big companies who use ringback tunes to entertain a customer while waiting their turn. But I really hate long delays, and listening to a ringback tune over and over irritates me. If ever companies use ringback tones, they should put some variety into it, rather than playing one tune over and over, otherwise it will get to you sooner or later.

5. October 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Ring back tunes of popular celebrity joking like vice ganda and some radio stations with their funny jokes and songs are sure hit to pinoy’s. nice blog btw.

6. October 13, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I would definitely want my ring back tone to fit my personality. You’re right, no more of that boring ring back tones.

7. October 13, 2011 at 4:20 pm

i used to have a ringback tune {an incubus song} until i found out that my network is deducting P15 from my load every time it expires to renew it automatically, i had to cancel it, sayang ang load! 😀

8. October 13, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Seriously, I’m a fan of ringback tones hahhaa. Once while waiting at a two-hour queue, I kept dialing my cousin’s phone number – pleading him not to answer just so i could hear James Blunt’s I’ll be Your Man hahaaa..

It’s a definite swipe on phone bills but if the tune is catchy, there’s no reason not to subscribe over and over again.

9. October 13, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I only download my ringback tune from the internet since it’s so expensive to get it from your network. I love funny tunes 🙂

10. October 13, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I tried to use a ring back before, i think it’s really cool but it’s a little extra budget for your part too. I guess i would love to have a ring back that would be permanent but with a minimal pay only.

11. October 14, 2011 at 9:52 am

I used to download different ring back tones. Choosing my favorite songs for the month ha ha. Then I got tired of it. 8)

12. October 14, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’d love using ringback tone…but it cost more…and i usually don’t have a load… 🙂

13. October 14, 2011 at 10:44 am

I used to have ring back tone before kaso my expiration. I’m sure many Pinoys are fond of using this mobile application

14. October 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I haave a ring back before but it costs a lot though it was cool. But now I think the telecommunications who has this kind of stuffs charges the users a little than 1php per day nalang compare to before.

15. October 16, 2011 at 8:20 am

It definitely gives you an idea of the personality of the person who uses the ring back tone. It’s just pretty costly if you wish to keep it. I also enjoy listening to funny tunes. 🙂

16. October 16, 2011 at 8:55 am

Interestingly right. Sometimes, one’s personality can be reflected through ring back tones 🙂

17. October 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

Ringback tones are cool. I used to have it and never knew that I was charged for it. It will even be cooler if it comes for free!

18. October 16, 2011 at 11:03 am

My mom has this ring back tone on her phone! I have no idea how much she pays for it but I find it really cool. Since medyo busy si mommy, she can’t take my calls right away. With a ring back tone playing, medyo nababawasan ang init ng ulo ko. LOL And yes, tama, it doesn’t only entertain. It is also informative. 🙂

Sana nga for free na to! Beneficial for the users and most especially, for the mobile phone companies!

19. October 16, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I tried ring back tones before, but I decided to unsubscribe since I tried calling friends who also have ring back tones and I did not like listening to them. The sound is off. If the mobile companies provide tones with better sound quality then maybe it will be a different story. 🙂

20. October 16, 2011 at 8:17 pm

having a ring back tone for a business is a good marketing strategy for brand recall indeed, here in the Philippines, havent really heard one…this one is a good strategy that marketers should expolre