Some people would say that buying a condominium unit is not a practical move. They prefer owning house and lot, but not necessarily on plush subdivisions, because you can have it for a lifetime and even your descendants can dwell on it.
But there are also many benefits of residing in a condo:
1. A condo unit is more affordable than a conventional home.
2. Many condominium management offer complete amenities like swimming pool, clubhouse, gym and other recreational facilities for its residents and visitors.
3. You will have a 24-hour security and guarded parking space. Yes, you can have these on your own house and lot but it can be costly maintenance for other homeowners.
4. You will become a part of a unique community. Meet instant neighbors who are very willing to obey regulations and sharing responsibilities.
5. They are commonly located in accessible areas and closer to business establishments, transportation, schools and churches. And the best thing is that, it can be nearer to your workplace.
Nowadays, condo living is the most appealing move to many home buyers. Find the most convenient condominium area for you like The Austonian, which is situated downtown. An Austin condo that is strategically placed in a most accessible area in the city.
In buying your own condo, here are some friendly reminders:
1. The reputation of the developer matters. Do a background check. Does the developer has a capability of completing condo buildings? There are previous cases where condo projects were halted construction due to lack of funds.
2. Noise. Since many condo units were situated in the heart of the city, how did the condominium management make its building noise-proof?
3. Population. If you’re going to live in a crowded condo building with limited amenities shared by its residents, is it worth your money to buy a unit?