The Journalistic View

Cebu Pacific’s Misleading Seat Sale

A hoax?

I got frustrated again with Cebu Pacific Air. The airline company is deceiving or confusing their potential customers or just favoring some clients? Why did I say so?

Yesterday (February 3), I read on abs-cbnnews.com about the PISO seat sale offer of Cebu Pacific. The news said, quoting the airline’s vice president for marketing and distribution Candice Iyog, the carrier will sell seats to any domestic destination for only one peso starting February 4, for travel from June 1 to September 30.

Destinations include Bacolod, Boracay, Busuanga (Coron), Butuan, Calbayog, Cagayan de Oro, Catarman, Cauayan (Isabela), Cebu, Clark, Cotabato, Davao, Dipolog, Dumaguete, General Santos, Iloilo, Kalibo, Legaspi, Laoag, Manila, Naga, Ozamiz, Pagadian, Puerto Princesa, Roxas, San Jose (Mindoro), Siargao, Surigao, Tacloban, Tagbiliran, Tuguegarao, Virac and Zamboanga.

I was so excited then. I’ll buy many tickets for sure, I said to myself. I love traveling and I’ll bring my daughter with me! I planned to go to Boracay or Coron!

So I waited and stayed up until midnight of February 3, assuming that Cebu Pacific will begin the offer at 12:00 am of February 4.

I went online five minutes after 12:00 in the morning of February 4 and I was shocked. All the seats for promo fares were SOLD OUT??!! How does it happened? Did I missed so much?

Well, there are still some promo fares (like Manila to Mindoro), but it’s not PISO fare, it cost more than P500. And I thought the fare will not exceed to such amount since they’re offering a one peso fare!

With a heavy heart, I went to bed at 4 o’clock in the morning already.

And when I checked on my email, I just received a message at 12:30 in the afternoon from Cebu Pacific about their PISO seat sale offer! Yeah right! Too late the hero! Thanks but no thanks!

If they offer the PISO seat sale earlier than February 4, they should informed everybody and not just to preferred clients.

9 comments on Cebu Pacific’s Misleading Seat Sale

1. Eric : Manila Blog
    February 4, 2011 at 6:25 am (6 years ago)

same with me. i was planning to buy tickets for Palawan, unfortunately everything is sold out except for Php999 and up.

2. ExJW33
    February 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm (6 years ago)

These big deals always have a catch, that you don't find out until later when you're all excited. You have my sympathies.

3. w0rkingAth0mE
    February 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm (6 years ago)

what i saw is that the offer will last today but i don't know when the piso offer started. Anyway, yeah it was sold out already 🙁

4. ladymishel
    February 5, 2011 at 3:54 pm (6 years ago)

same thing with their international seat sale flights fun tours and hotel packages, I got so frustrated a month ago 🙁

5. Night Owl Mama
    February 7, 2011 at 5:36 am (6 years ago)

I'm sorry I hate when things like that happen. SOmetimes it just makes ya wonder if it was a bait and switch kinda thing.

6. divine
    February 7, 2011 at 12:47 am (6 years ago)

I wish Cebu Pacific would stop doing such deception 🙁

7. humble opinion by sirrob
    February 7, 2011 at 6:34 am (6 years ago)

It's all about promotion and advertising. We all know from the start that there's always what you called RESERVED.

8. Dothy
    July 1, 2011 at 10:13 am (6 years ago)

Hay naku, kakadisappoint nga. Never pa ko nakaavail ng piso fare nila. Sa bagal ng site nila, pagcheck ko, ubos na parati. Marketing BS nga lang talaga hehe

9. Anonymous
    July 3, 2011 at 4:51 am (6 years ago)

promos to deceive people, advertising strategies.

we respect your views, share it here:

Disclaimer: The comments posted on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of the author and owner of The Journalistic View. We reserve the right to remove comments that we consider as abusive, irrelevant or inappropriate.